Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Water Aerobics

Just a short note extolling the virtues of water aerobics. A dear friend of mine gently talked me into trying out a water aerobics class. Well, guess what...I actually like it. I enjoy being in the water. It is a workout. You can make it as hard or as easy as you want. The heart rate goes up. There is resistance from the water and more with using floating dumbells and noodles. Our instructor is a fun person who also leads us through stretches (which feel so good).

The pool is outside so I have been getting some sun...something I have shunned for the past 30+ years (or more). I do like the tan (I do actually have lines on my body) but am still leery of too much sun.

All in all, water aerobics is a good thing!



3 comments:

shaybert said...

Leary of sunshine my dear? Studies have come out finding that we are not getting ENOUGH sunshine. We are too covered up, lathered up and spend too much time INDOORS! Just read today it is recommended that we spend 15-30 minutes min several times a week UNprotected so we can receive enough Vitamin D. Don't give me the tan thing, my kids still make fun of your fingerless driving gloves. You don't like to be tan. HA! Blessings!

Cecil said...

Hey, I can get Vitamin D with my Caltrate. I, for one, am not gonna look all shriveled up and leathery ever. THAT is why I shun sun. I still do except for the aerobics. I still wear driving gloves, thinking of getting elbow length (If I can find them). I DO like the color, especially on the legs BUT, there are limits. I got a lot of color in only a sort amount of time so see, there is lots of potential for skin damage.
OH, and Leary is your son-in-law. Yes, I am LEERY of sun. Love you lots and love your new barn. NIce loft area...so much you can do with it.

Cecil said...

Oh, and I use an umbrella walking into work...to keep that sun off me.