Sunday, February 26, 2012

Wow, I haven't been here in a while...a long while. Some things have happened. In no particular order:
*My sweet son moved to Kaua'i. I miss him very much. We visited him there and had a wonderful time. Hopefully, I will post some fun photos.
*I embarked on a diet, lost weight and a couple jean sizes (hello size 6, ecstatic to meet you!). But as a consequence, I believe, exacerbated my hair loss. I am trying to remedy that. More on that later, maybe. On a positive note, this strictness for the six weeks of the diet, changed my eating habits/lifestyle. I made it through the holidays and haven't gained any back. All my lab results have substantially improved.
*There are continuing issues with my mother and her care at this stage in her life. There are six kids, you'd think this wouldn't be so hard with six to share. Ha!
*There are ongoing extended family issues, very stressful and hurtful. I guess one just can't escape them. Sometimes I just want to get on the next plane out, anywhere, {but Kaua'i would be first choice, :-) }
*I'm dealing with our empty nest. This is, after all, what we raise our children to do, but my son made me laugh every day, I loved him around. Again, I miss him. Sweet daughter is still here, PTL! She is a very comforting soul.
*I was just diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff. I guess it could be worse, but this pain is oftentimes excruciating. Yes, excruciating. 10 out of 10 (maybe 20?) I can't get sleep. I have to now decide what to do about it and when. Have surgery and recuperate in Kaua'i? Bring friend, Debi, to monitor? Sounds like a wonderful plan. We already have a place to stay...and I would see Sonner!!!! I see no downside to this plan.
*Professionally/work related, we just lost a very nice, well-respected, dear orthopedic surgeon. The night before he died, we talked at length about my rotator cuff situation. He could have done the surgery. Sadness abounds.
*I've been in the process of "cleaning out the house". This doctor's death just reinforced the fact that we will never know when Jesus will call us. I keep thinking that I don't want to leave my children with a house full of "stuff". Hence, the continuous clean out.




No comments: